Monday, November 03, 2008

YOUR VOTE COUNTS

Friends, Fans, Fellow Pilgrims:

Lend Me Your Ears!

I'm working on the new CD. And I've recorded so many songs, I can't squeeze them all onto one disc. I need to distill the number to fourteen.

HELP me decide which songs to include. I've uploaded rough tracks into the jukebox on my website. If you have enough music love and curiosity, listen to a bit of each. Then use the EMAIL link to send me your nominees for the keepers. And the weepers.

While you're listening, if a Theme or Title leaps out at you, let me know. The working title has been "Mystery Sandwich". And I'll tell you why:

Once upon a time, there was a great tavern in Homestead called Chiodo's. It closed a while ago. The End. Crossing the High Level bridge one evening, I noticed this ad painted on one of Chiodo's gables:

HOME OF THE MYSTERY SANDWICH.

Since the new songs had a skein of mystery running through them, I said to my self - simple-mindedly:

"What a great title for my CD!"

But is it? I've been working on it for so long I've lost perspective. You tell me. If a lyric line from one of my songs seems to best personify the whole collection, you tell me. If an image materializes in your mind while you're listening to the tunes, you tell me. And if I'm asking too much?

YOU TELL ME.

Your thoughts and suggestions are coveted. We are none of us in this alone. I want to finish this project and have it in your earphones by early 2009. That's the goal.

HELP.

Your Grateful Servant,

JE

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home