Friday, November 28, 2008

THE BIG THAW:

Stories: Take One

Work on the new CD, Mystery Sandwich, continues apace.

I told Doug Wilkin I needed a children’s choir for one of my songs. Doug said to ask Gerard Rohlf. Gerard is so talented in his own right that I hated to yank him from his muse long enough to even ask him. But I did. And man, did he come through with four of the best young singers in the region:

Molly DeLuca, Emma & Helen Paulini, & Sean Bailly. Here they are, singing their hearts out.



The mothers of these four songbirds braved the freezing rain to help a complete stranger realize his dream. And the children of these four mothers walked into the song and nailed it like seasoned professionals.

Gerard was there to greet them all. He took beverage orders, saw to it everybody was comfy, and disappeared. Thank you, Gerard, for you selfless kindness.



Thank you Kerry DeLuca, Ann Paulini, & Lisa Colautti for sparing me the use of your gifted children.

And thank you Molly, Emma, Helen, & Sean for taking the emotional message of my words to a new level:

All hail the ice storm
We may never get warm again
And I feel like my only friend
Put me out in the cold.

Thanks Doug for you invaluable suggestions and flexibility.

As a bonus, my mother and her husband, Roger, AND my sweetheart, Camille, were all there to see the session! Camille took pic-tures, and everybody seemed to enjoy the process.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home